Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

Red and Orange - Oh No!

Challenges: Allsorts Anything-but-square ( shaped card) Cas-ual fridays = Off the edge (tag) Ribbon Carousel - Anything goes

Less is More week 40 "Remember, remember the 5th of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot!
In the UK, it is traditionally on 'firework night' that the 'Gunpowder plot' of 1605 is commemorated. It was then that Guy Fawkes was arrested for laying explosives under the House of Lords.


The first week of the month is another Colour challenge and redolent of bonfire flames Chrissie and Mandi have chosen
Red and Orange"
....Well after Orange my least fav colour is Red!  So this week is very much a challenge for me. I hunted through my stash and found teraccotta ink, button, raffia string, some squares of various hand made mulberry paper I bought from e-bay.. I had used all the 'nice' colours so there is manily green, yellow, orange, red left. The bit I used has orange leaves and bits of conifer in the paper.  Then I hunted for something to mount it on and found some hand made paper in shades of red I bought at a sales last year.  I also had a shaped kraft cardblank I cut with the cricut. I lined the inside of the card with the red paper which has a slight distressed gold and silver look to it.  I punched a tag from kraft and stamped a SU sentiment and embossed in clear EP.  Looking at it now I'm actually quite pleased with it, I suppose it will do as a Male card :-)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card for the challenges. Well done!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at the fab things you get to make, which you never would have done, had it not been for our challenge!
    This is just super!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card Donna, love the gorgeous colours & design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card in lovely design!
    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my Anything but square challenge and good luck in the draw!
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I really like the leaves! Thanks for playing with RCC this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my most favourite colours either but look what you've dine with them, your card is gorgeous...love the natural rustic feel of the papers too :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment about your sister and your friends autistic son, I kept meaning to reply, now I have the chance.... Yep crafting is definitely a saviour and it's amazing how many other crafters have Autistic children!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at Cas-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete